1. It is crashing continuously because it is locked in some intensive I/O and the OS (yes, *their* own OS) is killing the application as being non responsive.
2. Lack of good plugins. In contrary to Thunderbird where there are thousand of plugins, the really good plugins for Outlook are very few.
3. Eats up a lot of memory. Currently, with only one Exchange account, the two instances I have (don’t ask me why I have 2) occupy each 78MB. However, I’ve seen 130 MB used by only one instance. I think that the 2. instance has to do with the Windows Mobile device I have.
4. It is unbelievable slow in retrieving mails. I have a lot of rules on the server side and none on the client side. This should make everything faster and not slower
5. Limited amount of rules on server and client side.
6. No real encryption solution with GNU PGP.
WinPGP is a big bullshit !!! Especially version 2.0.
7. Grouping message by thread simply sucks. It doesn’t display everything in a coherent form.
8. Searching is very, very slow.
And I have a laptop with 4GB RAM, Dual Core Duo 2.5 GHz. Very fast… to everything except Outlook.
9. Replying to HTML emails keeps them HTML despite the fact that I’ve configured everything to be plain text.
10. A Reply doesn’t prefix the email if it is HTML. Only if it is plain text.
And there could be other reasons … I am just stopping myself here.
© Copyright 2009 Sorin Mustaca, All rights Reserved. Written For: Sorin Mustaca on Cybersecurity
Check www.mustaca.com for the IT Consulting services I offer.
Visit www.itsecuritynews.info for latest security news in English
Besuchen Sie http://de.itsecuritynews.info für IT Sicherheits News auf Deutsch