As Sorin Mustaca, an independent IT security consultant, says, “Adopting new technologies is never a mistake, if done properly.”
Assess the pros and cons of new tech
There’s rarely a one-size-fits-all solution in technology, and repercussions are never as severe or life-threatening as in pop culture. However, there are repercussions for ill-chosen solutions in terms of business continuity or process interruption. Mustaca advises businesses to consider all the following before adopting new tech:
- Know what you want. Find and clearly define the planned use of the technology.
- Evaluate your processes and decide how you can adapt the working processes to effectively utilize the new technology and gain the full effects and benefits it provides.
- Consider end users and supply them with guidance and training, as necessary.
- Make sure the technology is secure. You want it to properly interact with the data you provide and forbid unauthorized data access.
- Be mindful of infrastructure management, as the use of new software may also drive hardware upgrades.
To adopt or not to adopt—that is the question
By identifying what was not optimized, the company upgraded their system in a way that eliminated disruption to existing processes. “Before deciding to change from one tech to another, maybe it makes sense to review if you can avoid this change by updating the existing technology to a better, newer version,” says Mustaca.
© Copyright 2017 Sorin Mustaca, All rights Reserved. Written For: Sorin Mustaca on Cybersecurity
Check www.mustaca.com for the IT Consulting services I offer.