More and more social media websites and not only are enabling two-factor authentication in order to secure their users better. Following all other major portals, now also Tumblr allows users to enable it.
Here is how to activate it in easy steps:
- Visit your account settings.
- Click the “Two-factor authentication” switch.
- Enter your phone number.
- Now decide whether you’d like to receive the code via text or through an authenticator app. We recommend both in case you need to use one as a backup.
- Follow the steps laid out in the settings page.
After you’ve enabled it, you need to login in the future like this:
- Log in to your Tumblr account using your username and password.
- Once you’ve received the unique code (either via SMS or through an authenticator app), enter the code in the specified field.
By the way, did you notice that by default the website is not using SSL? Please click on the “Enable SSL security” switch to turn it on by default for future logins.
How will Two-Factor Authentication work when you log in through iOS or Android apps?
When you have two-factor authentication turned on, you’ll need to generate a special one-time-use password in order to log in through your mobile apps. You can generate one through your Account Settings page.
What happens if you disable Two Factor Authentication?
We strongly advise against this. But if you must, you’ll be asked to enter your account password to make sure it’s really you. You’ll then be able to log in to your account without the extra verification step. If you would like to re-enable it at any point, you’ll have to go through the aforementioned setup process again.
Which authenticator apps to use?
from Avira – TechBlog http://bit.ly/1jzgw6G
© Copyright Sorin Mustaca, All rights Reserved. Written For: Sorin Mustaca on Cybersecurity
Check www.endpoint-cybersecurity.com for seeing the consulting services we offer.
Visit www.itsecuritynews.info for latest security news in English
Besuchen Sie de.itsecuritynews.info für IT Sicherheits News auf Deutsch