1. You notice that you pay more than usual for your mobile phone bill
This is a sign that some trojan might send SMSs or make phone calls to super expensive phone numbers oversees.
2. Data usage increase
Malware usually sends data to the cybercriminals.
If you notice an increase in the data usage or if your provider is slowing down your data transfer because you consumed too much, it might be a sign that malicious software communicates without your knowledge.
3. Calls are interrupted often and SMSs don’t reach their destination
Even if you see that you have maximum reception sometimes the most basic functions of the phone don’t work reliably.
Sometimes malware tries to intercept the calls and even re-route them to more expensive numbers or through proxies.
4. Battery consumption grows unexpectedly
If without using your phone more than usual you notice that the battery drains, there might be some program that is residing in the active memory. Such programs can be trojans that try to intercept the calls and SMSs you make.
5. Bad overall performance of the smartphone
If your smartphone becomes slower than usual and apps take much longer to start and function, something might be using the CPU and the memory of the phone.
6. Apps crash unexpectedly
If apps that usually worked without problems and didn’t get updated suddenly start to crash, this might be a sign that something is interfering with their functionality. It could also be that your smartphone doesn’t have anymore resources to run the app because something else is using it (see 5).
Hints to not get infected
1. Don’t install apps from outside of the official stores
2. Check always the reputation of the app
There is a high probability that someone before you has tested it and ranked it.
3. Check the permissions that app is requiring. If it is too much, then probably there is something wrong.
4. Install an AV software for mobiles.
© Copyright Sorin Mustaca, All rights Reserved. Written For: Sorin Mustaca on Cybersecurity
Check www.endpoint-cybersecurity.com for seeing the consulting services we offer.
Visit www.itsecuritynews.info for latest security news in English
Besuchen Sie de.itsecuritynews.info für IT Sicherheits News auf Deutsch