(ISC)2 requires that a candidate meets some requirements before he/she receives the right to call himself/herself (ISC)2 certified.
Receiving the (ISC)² credential is a several-step process:
- Required Experience – possessing the required number of years for the appropriate credential
- Study – taking advantage of the educational materials (ISC)² makes available for you to review and refresh your knowledge before taking the credential examination
- Application – validating your education and/or experience
- Examination – sitting and passing the appropriate exam
- Code of Ethics – committing to and abiding by principles and guidelines set forth by (ISC)²
- Endorsement Process – attesting to your eligibility requirements
Maintaining your membership requires the following:
- Remain in Good Standing – to remain in good standing as a member of (ISC)² a credential holder must abide by the
(ISC)² Code of Ethics
- Earn Continuing Professional Education Credits (CPEs) – Credential holders must earn the minimum number of Continuing Professional Education credits (CPEs) annually during each year of the three-year certification cycle. Although members may earn more than the minimum number of CPE credits required for credential maintenance for the three-year cycle, they are still required to earn and submit the minimum annual number to maintain their certification in “good standing.”
- Pay Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs) – Payment of Annual Maintenance Fees (AMFs) ensures that the organization has the necessary financial resources to maintain member records, ensures certification continues to meet the needs and requirements of the market, and ensures that the organization will continue to be a functional, dynamic entity far into the future.
© Copyright 2012 Sorin Mustaca, All rights Reserved. Written For: Sorin Mustaca on Cybersecurity
Check www.mustaca.com for the IT Consulting services I offer.
Visit www.itsecuritynews.info for latest security news in English
Besuchen Sie http://de.itsecuritynews.info für IT Sicherheits News auf Deutsch